What Will I Learn?
The Master Debriefer Course (Virtual Edition) provides the advanced content, strategies and tools necessary to transform debriefing conversations into vehicles of change within healthcare environments. This immersive 7-week virtual on-line course focuses on improving debriefing skills by weaving through several important elements of debriefing and feedback practice:
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for learning conversations.
- Tailoring advanced debriefing techniques to learning context.
- Nurturing an environment for learner-centeredness during debriefing.
- Working effectively and efficiently with a co-facilitator.
- Managing difficult and/or emotional learning conversations.
- Understanding the role of culture in debriefing and feedback.
We will support educators by accelerating their journey in becoming adaptive experts in
- Sharing strategies to manage cognitive load during debriefing.
- Supporting debriefing skill acquisition with the use of tools and cognitive aids.
- Highlighting key faculty development strategies such as peer coaching.
Who should register?
- Healthcare practitioners – doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics, social workers, and other allied healthcare professionals.
- Healthcare simulation educators, researchers and administrators.
- Prior experience debriefing is an asset (but not a requirement) for registration.
How will you learn?
The Master Debriefer Course has been designed to be an immersive and thought-provoking experience.
- Weekly 2.5-hour sessions hosted on The Debriefing Academy Zoom platform for a total of 17.5 hours of debriefing education.
- Lectures, small group discussions and videos will highlight new concepts.
- Expert modeling from world-renowned faculty will illustrate concepts in action.
- Interactive small groups sessions (in zoom breakout rooms) facilitated by expert faculty will provide opportunity to explore and master key debriefing skills
- Technology will be leveraged to illuminate behavioural aspects of facilitation.
Where will you learn?
The Master Debriefer Course will be hosted on The Debriefing Academy Zoom platform which will provide an open, versatile, and interactive on-line space designed to promote innovation, collaboration and networking.
Why should you register?
- Because you believe in the power of learning conversations.
- Because you believe debriefings can influence change in healthcare.
- Because you are passionate about debriefing.
- Because you want to get better!